Tuesday, February 07, 2006

Chinese New Year's eve- 28th Jan


This blog has not been touched for 1 or 2 weeks. It seriously needs updating coz so many events have taken place. Didn’t have time to do so though coz it was during the midst of my exams. What I did was to type little bits of stuff onto ‘Word’ which I intended to add onto the bog together with pictures whenever I have the time.

Okie dooks, this is a summary of my Chinese New Year happenings.

CNY this year was basically not CNY for me at all. One reason being that I’m stuck in UK which is totally devoid of any CNY atmosphere, and the other reason would be that I had 2 more exams to mugg for before enjoying the festivities.

Our household (comprising of Juvi, Gabriel and EngKiat) had deciced to not open our house for Reunion dinner. EngKiat had already flown to Rome a few days prior to ‘Xing nian chu xi’. Both Gab & me still had papers to prepare for. The Girl’s and Guy’s BS group had originally wanted to do a steam boat for this occasion which the 3 of us remaining housemates declined. Then Patrick wanted to do some dinner too, after that Audrey asked if the 3 Ashleigh Drivers wanted to have dinner with her and Victor (Wang). *sighz* What to do? Say no lah….

Because of the minority of us who still had exams to study for, it was decided that our Reunion dinner would be post phoned till 31st Jan (Tuesday). *Aw* Felt so touched that our friends wanted to wait for both Gab, Juvi and me to celebrate CNY.

The original plan was to have a simple 3-dish meal between the 3 of us. While we were cooking, we found out that poor Victor had no where to go for CNY’s eve. So we invited him over. In the end, we prepared tons of food. Juvi cooked curry chicken. Gabriel prepared minced meat, Yorkshire puddings & beef gravy. I did Chinese mushrooms with broccoli, and spicy sambal long beans. We even had Chinese tea, mandarin oranges, tons of left over Christmas chocolates and CNY cookies (a rare treat in UK) which was kindly supplied by Victor. The hallway was decked out in CNY deco which I had brought over from M’sia.

Dinner for 4

Chow time


While having dinner, Audrey and Shirely came over to hang out at our place since our house was now ‘open’ to friends. (3 Asheligh Drive is THE hangout place for LCCF people) Then Patrick & Fairy came along to. I gave Gab a ‘look’- so much for studying the night thru on CNY’s eve…

Group shot!


Anyway, we played Jingga and various versions of ‘Heart attack!’ It was hilarious. The loser of every round was subjected to vandalism on the face by everyone else. At first, we thought of using flour, but since none was available, an eyeliner was used instead.

If Jingga alone wasn’t scary enough, the punishment added tremendous stress to the game. I was sitting next to Gabriel and it was frightening, he took a lot of risks, pulling out wood blocks which left the tower balancing on 1 single piece in each level. I think I got influenced by him after a while coz I started doing the same too which made my friends ask ‘Alicia, he bi ne?’ On my other side was Patrick and I think I made him a little anxious coz everyone was aiming to sabbo him.

Woops!


Jingga- halfway thru

During the game, Victor nearly passed out from stress. He was clutching and hiding his face in fear throughout. While everyone else was fairly calm, he would be freaking out at the person who was pulling out the block. It was just amusing watching his expressions.


L is for Lossers!!


Couldn’t remember what time everyone left. In the end, only Victor and Fairy had clean faces. Gabriel lost 3 rounds, Juvi and Audrey lost 2 rounds. Shirley and me lost one. Patrick lost one too but since everyone was targeting him, he got vandalized really bad. Below are our mugg shots.


Audrey- Strike 1

Racoon Shirley- Strike 1


Me!- Strike 1

Juvi- Strike 2


Gabriel- Strike 3

Patrick- Strike 1 but the Sabbo King

*Big grinz* We took many videos as well, if you saw them, you would think we were mad. In the end, what was supposed to be a quiet 3-person dinner turned out to be a last minute crazy gathering...


Gong Xi Fa Chai everyone!- From all of us @ 3 Ashleigh Drive

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

myspace