Wednesday, July 26, 2006

Just complaints, over sch work

It’s the summer holidays right now, yet what was I doing in the library yesterday? *shakes head* Borrowing books to assist me in my final year dissertation write up! Argh! To think that only the chemical engineering department in sch requires their final year students to submit dissertations on the FIRST day of the final academic year. Sighz…

Totally have no idea how to write a dissertation. My topic is The use of nano particulate materials in consumer products. The closest module to nanotechnology I’ve done so far is Particle Technology, and we only examined stuff on a micro scale, not nano.

Right now, I’m just reading up for basic knowledge. But NanoTechnology is such a huge topic. Where am I supposed to start? What do I need to include? Do I need to focus on derivations & equations? There’s just so many…

Checked out the requirements for this assignment. I need to reference at least 40 texts! (Websites can only account for 10%) That’s 40 huge text books!!! How on Earth am I going to digest 40 texts?

Oh, talking about texts and notes. Before I came back from UK, I was packing my suitcase and was sorting out some notes which I needed to bring back. The crucial module which I needed was my Reaction Engineering 1 notes. My seniors had warned me that 2 weeks into the final academic year, our lecturer would spring finalists a ‘last-minute-surprise-revision Reaction Eng test’. Reaction Engineering was a notorious module well known for its very high failing rates. The year before me, only 15 people passed that module!

Thankful for the tip my seniors gave me, I decided to bring my React Eng notes home to revise over summer. Last week, boredom drove me to desperation… armed with a calculator, I took out my black file and was prepared to re-do my React Eng tutorials.

*sighs* I brought the wrong file back home!! What am I supposed to do with my Mass Transfer notes?! My dad was just chuckling away as I complained to him. So much for being prepared for the 1st test of my final year…

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

myspace