Saturday, July 15, 2006

KL stayover- 1st to 9th July


My blog is so messy now. Yet to do the last part of my Berlin trip and the LCCF camp. Then again, I don’t have all the pics yet, so can’t blog those.

Went to KL for a shopping spree 1 week ago. It was tons of fun! My cousin Cyndi, is a serious shopperholic. Staying in UK for the last 6 months, where the exchange rate is 7 times from pounds to RM, and around 3.3 time from pounds to S$, I naturally went crazy as well.

There were days where we could spend 12hrs shopping, going from 1-Utama to MidValley. (2 of the largest shopping malls in KL) My poor toes were screaming in agony at the end of those crazy days. But it was really fun. Only managed to get 3 tops and a pair of jeans. On the other hand, we splurged on accessories. The final list of items I snagged at the end of the trip was 10 pairs of earrings, 1 swarovski bracelet, hand phone dangly (compliments form the shop owner coz we sent over a hundred bucks in the accessory shop- CoCoBeach), and 4 hair clips. My parents gave me RM 200 to last the week (an unbelievingly low amount from what my cousin/ friends said), but I ended up spending only RM160. Am I good or what?

Oh, I found this Zara jacket which I fell in love the moment I laid my eyes on it. I could wear S nicely but wanted M just in case I decide to wear a few more layers in UK. Too bad though, all Zara outlets in KL only had S size available. Sighz…

I ate a lot as well, put on yet another 1kg. Not going to bother about it (if I do, I’ll get scoldings and ‘HaRRows?!’ form Jo & Ivy) My grandmum treated us grandkids to some classy English café – Winter Warmers. It’s the kind of place where they serve scones on 3-tier trays and tea comes in 1 hundred different styles. The tea cups which they come served in had gold plated rims at the top, and if you were to chip it, the cost to replace the tea cups would be around 3 times than that of the food bill. *laughs* Us grandkids were too afraid to sip out of them and opted for the glasses & personal glass jug instead. My brother was the most cautious; he requested for the waiter to remove his glass and used a straw to drink straight form the jug!

Grandmum with her 'posh' Rose coffee


We enjoyed the meal so much that my aunt- Cyndi’s mum decided to treat us in the same café on the next day! So you can imagine the amount of food I’ve loaded myself up with, all thanks to the generous pamperings from my relatives.

Cheers!


Met up with Cyndi’s Uni friends as well. Her friends are totally crazy. Had a KTV and Yum-Char session with them and I could have rolled over the floor laughing at what they crapped about.

Part of my extra kg came from the amount of junk we had during our daily midnight DVD marathons. On average, we clocked in 3 bags of chips and 3 DVDs every night.

I totally enjoyed my trip in KL. Planning to spend another week there when the Malaysia sale begins at the end of this month. *grins* Fun!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

myspace