Tuesday, April 04, 2006

Easter break- 1st week


Last week was mugging week for me. Basically, Auds, Vic & I made a study pack together. Start studying at 8am, break for lunch at around 2pm then continue to study till 6pm. Sometimes, we’ll even study till 2am after having dinner. Not bad huh? Well, the 8am bit is usually done by Victor. Both Auds and I usually can’t wake up in time for the morning slot. =p Most of the time, we study in Victor’s kitchen @ Telford

Anyway, Auds and Vic are my new family for Easter. I figured that since I’ll be studying with them before meal times, might as well have lunch and dinner with them. So yep, we more or less spend the entire day together, resulting in me abandoning my family back in 3 Ashleigh Drive. Doubt Juvi & Gab would miss me tho. *grins*

Patrick comes over for meal times as well. We’re all one big happy family:)

Started working last week. I’m working for the international office. My job description is to call prospective students back home in M’sia & Singapore so as to create a ‘student- student’ link. Basically, it’s just to call and make friends with them so that they won’t feel so alone should they make up their minds of studying in UK. Cool huh?! I get paid to make overseas phone calls and talk about almost anything under the sun! Most of the time, the people I call tend to ask about accommodation, shopping or about my degree. Made quite a few new friends so far. Oh yeah, my job hours are flexible. I can come in or go as and when I want. Totally enjoying my job! 20 years ago, dad used to work in the university as well- In the EHB picking up beer cans. Now his daughter gets to sit in an office and chat away on the phone. *big grins*

Had 2 potlucks during the weekend, one of which was an ‘official’ LCCF gathering. It was held in Derek’s house. However, most of the cooking was done at our place. Patrick, Vic, Auds, Gab, Juvi & I prepared our own dishes in the little 3 Ashleigh Drive kitchen. It seemed as though our place was the ‘restaurant kitchen’ while Derek’s place was the main ‘dinning area’. I made mashed potatoes. It wasn’t meant to be mashed, it was supposed to be a herb- potato salad but I cut the potatoes too small. :( Anyway, it didn’t turn out too bad coz there wasn’t any left at the end of dinner. After cooking, the bunch of us walked the 2 streets to Derek’s. It was a little bit amusing, seeing a group of people walking along side the busy street of Forest road, each carrying steaming pots of food.

Saturday night, the LCCF com plus Auds, Patrick and I had dinner at home. Vic, Joyce and I cooked 5 dishes- 2 veggies, omelets, chicken and wedges. We also ordered 4 types of Indian curry from the take-away. Joyce & I tried making a dip for the 1st time which turned out really well. *grins* We didn’t follow any recipe, just mixed stuff in which we felt would go well. The wedges dip consisted of mayo, milk, vinegar, salt, onions, spring onions and herbs. =) Quite pleased with the dip!


Saturday dinner @ home


After dinner, we played various card games (as usual!) Did heart attack!, uno and bluff. No matter how many times we’ve played those, we always have tons of fun together. But frankly speaking, if you think about it, it does seem fairly boring after a while. Hm… what to do? Loughborough is so tiny, there’s barely any other form of entertainment around here. It’s not like we have any CoffeeBean or Starbucks to hang out at…. (I’m missing CoffeeBean a lot now, something which UK surprisingly does not have.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

myspace