1st Easter Break weekend- Pt 1
3 days into the Easter break, and we’re all having fun=) *phew* Its so relaxing. After the past 2 weeks of intensive coursework/ tests/ presentations, we’re all able to just sit down & chill w/o having to keep track of time.
Friday, the LCCF com borrowed a visualizer from a lecturer and we watched a canto movie. The sound system wasn’t that good, but we were munching along to lots of junk food. After that, Audrey, Jo, Pat and Vic came over for pizza where we talked till 4.30 plus am.
Saturday morning, the rest went to play badminton while I went to town to get some foodstuff for the potluck/movie night. Rushed back to play tennis. *grins* That was my first time playing tennis since I was sec 2. Was pleasantly surprised that I could actually play a little.
When we were done with tennis, I went over to Audrey’s block (she stays on campus, in Telford hall) to cook my fav veg dish- spicy long beans. Audrey & Vic were cooking their dishes as well. We were going to have a dinner in Telford common room again. Auds booked the place for ourselves. It was a last minute thing. The plan was that after dinner, we would watch a DVD using the visualizer which we borrowed. I was to provide the movie. Out of my current collection, we decided to watch ‘Flight plan’ as most of us have yet to watch it.
We had quite a spread of yummies which consisted of:
Char siew (Auds), Spicy chicken (Gab), Minced eggplant+ meat (YiYi), Egg+Tomato (Shirley), Grilled fish (Derek), Brocolli (Victor), Pizzas (Judy & Jason), Spicy long beans (me).
Other people who went along were Juvi, Owen, Derek and Patrick. The others had left town because of the holidays. (In fact, almost all the sch’s population has left Lboro. Its like a ghost town now…. Nice!)
Dinner was fun, like I’ve said, everyone wasn’t so concerned with time. They didn’t have to worry about going back and rushing for another deadline. After the ‘main meal’ the girls left the guys to their pool/ table soccer/ darts games and went to Aud’s kitchen to make dessert. Me and Audrey were directing the pop-corn production for the movie later. (*smiles* I’m like the pop-corn expert now) Think my PC skills have improved coz this time I didn’t have any single bit of chao da corn puffs and almost all the kernels were popped. The caramel wasn’t as good as the last time tho, coz there wasn’t enough time to make it properly. Jo, in her absence (she’s on her way to Morocco) provided apple strudels. Auds donated ice cream to go with it.
When we went back to the common room with the movie goodies, the guys had already prepared the movie equipment. We then arranged the arm chairs in a semi circle, cinema style. My friends could tell that I was really excited about all these. Lol, I was!! Hey, back home, if you wanted to watch a movie, you just pop into the cinemas. Here, the only theatre here is like pre-historic!!! Seriously, they still have stage and stage curtains in the theatre. I went to watch Harry Potter 3 last year…. *shakes head* That cinema spoilt the whole show. Not only was the screen not sharp, the sound system….. lets just say that even my TV back in JB produces better noise then that theater. *laughs* Midway during the movie, there was even an ‘intermission’! What an anti climax….
Anyway, Juvi brought her com speakers/ boosters to enhance the ‘cinema’ effect for the Flight Plan movie. I got 1 of the best seats, right next to the speakers. Switched off the lights, ripped open the giant pack of chips, started passing around the other junk and watched the movie. Wow! Everyone thoroughly enjoyed the show… it was best thing we had to a proper standard Singapore cinema.
Remind me to not sit next to YiYi during a movie in future. *grins* YiYi is the kinda girl who likes to discuss about the plot during a show, I’m otherwise. She kept asking me questions thru out (which can’t be blamed coz she’s from China & her English isn’t that strong to comprehend such a plot). As much as I was trying to concentrate on the show, I was also figuring out how to explain the story to her… I mean, how do you say ‘wiring’ & ‘coffin’ in Chinese? She made a lot of sound effects too… *laughs* there was one part which wasn’t really scary, but because of the sound effects, YiYi shirked loudly and grabbed onto me which gave me a huge jump. *sighz* Girl, you freaked me out then….. =p
The show ended at 12midnight. Woops! I mean 1am. Forgot that the clock was to go forward on the 26th of March… That means we lost an hour’s worth of sleep…
Need to ask my parents to send me some more DVDs. It’s easier and cheaper to ask them to send over DVDs. The DVD codes here are region 2 which aren’t compatible with my com (region 3). Till my new batch of shows arrive, I’ll just have to contend myself with youtube.com (Oooo, search for MadTV on youtube…. Its hilarious!)
Friday, the LCCF com borrowed a visualizer from a lecturer and we watched a canto movie. The sound system wasn’t that good, but we were munching along to lots of junk food. After that, Audrey, Jo, Pat and Vic came over for pizza where we talked till 4.30 plus am.
Saturday morning, the rest went to play badminton while I went to town to get some foodstuff for the potluck/movie night. Rushed back to play tennis. *grins* That was my first time playing tennis since I was sec 2. Was pleasantly surprised that I could actually play a little.
When we were done with tennis, I went over to Audrey’s block (she stays on campus, in Telford hall) to cook my fav veg dish- spicy long beans. Audrey & Vic were cooking their dishes as well. We were going to have a dinner in Telford common room again. Auds booked the place for ourselves. It was a last minute thing. The plan was that after dinner, we would watch a DVD using the visualizer which we borrowed. I was to provide the movie. Out of my current collection, we decided to watch ‘Flight plan’ as most of us have yet to watch it.
We had quite a spread of yummies which consisted of:
Char siew (Auds), Spicy chicken (Gab), Minced eggplant+ meat (YiYi), Egg+Tomato (Shirley), Grilled fish (Derek), Brocolli (Victor), Pizzas (Judy & Jason), Spicy long beans (me).
Other people who went along were Juvi, Owen, Derek and Patrick. The others had left town because of the holidays. (In fact, almost all the sch’s population has left Lboro. Its like a ghost town now…. Nice!)
Dinner was fun, like I’ve said, everyone wasn’t so concerned with time. They didn’t have to worry about going back and rushing for another deadline. After the ‘main meal’ the girls left the guys to their pool/ table soccer/ darts games and went to Aud’s kitchen to make dessert. Me and Audrey were directing the pop-corn production for the movie later. (*smiles* I’m like the pop-corn expert now) Think my PC skills have improved coz this time I didn’t have any single bit of chao da corn puffs and almost all the kernels were popped. The caramel wasn’t as good as the last time tho, coz there wasn’t enough time to make it properly. Jo, in her absence (she’s on her way to Morocco) provided apple strudels. Auds donated ice cream to go with it.
When we went back to the common room with the movie goodies, the guys had already prepared the movie equipment. We then arranged the arm chairs in a semi circle, cinema style. My friends could tell that I was really excited about all these. Lol, I was!! Hey, back home, if you wanted to watch a movie, you just pop into the cinemas. Here, the only theatre here is like pre-historic!!! Seriously, they still have stage and stage curtains in the theatre. I went to watch Harry Potter 3 last year…. *shakes head* That cinema spoilt the whole show. Not only was the screen not sharp, the sound system….. lets just say that even my TV back in JB produces better noise then that theater. *laughs* Midway during the movie, there was even an ‘intermission’! What an anti climax….
Anyway, Juvi brought her com speakers/ boosters to enhance the ‘cinema’ effect for the Flight Plan movie. I got 1 of the best seats, right next to the speakers. Switched off the lights, ripped open the giant pack of chips, started passing around the other junk and watched the movie. Wow! Everyone thoroughly enjoyed the show… it was best thing we had to a proper standard Singapore cinema.
Remind me to not sit next to YiYi during a movie in future. *grins* YiYi is the kinda girl who likes to discuss about the plot during a show, I’m otherwise. She kept asking me questions thru out (which can’t be blamed coz she’s from China & her English isn’t that strong to comprehend such a plot). As much as I was trying to concentrate on the show, I was also figuring out how to explain the story to her… I mean, how do you say ‘wiring’ & ‘coffin’ in Chinese? She made a lot of sound effects too… *laughs* there was one part which wasn’t really scary, but because of the sound effects, YiYi shirked loudly and grabbed onto me which gave me a huge jump. *sighz* Girl, you freaked me out then….. =p
The show ended at 12midnight. Woops! I mean 1am. Forgot that the clock was to go forward on the 26th of March… That means we lost an hour’s worth of sleep…
Need to ask my parents to send me some more DVDs. It’s easier and cheaper to ask them to send over DVDs. The DVD codes here are region 2 which aren’t compatible with my com (region 3). Till my new batch of shows arrive, I’ll just have to contend myself with youtube.com (Oooo, search for MadTV on youtube…. Its hilarious!)
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home