Monday, February 27, 2006

Weekend blabberings

I’ve been gorging myself silly this weekend. Saturday night, we had the LCCF committee over for Indian take-out dinner. We ordered 5 different kinds of curry. After they left, Audrey and Jo came over for round 2- desert. We had 2 types of ‘tong sui’. The Telford girls did barley with red dates. I brewed a concoction of green beans, sweet potatoes and ginger. Yum, I liked what I did. When the soups were gone, we had ice-cream! Mmm…

Sunday- was awaken by Juvi banging on my bedroom door, I didn’t want to wake up but she woke me up for church=p. Good thing we went for church tho, coz we realized that Cas was to be baptized then. Anyway, church today was ‘Wow!’ During the service, Pastor Phi asked those who were of Chinese heritage to stand up. His loud voice just ‘boomed’. Now you have to understand that Pastor Phil is a hugely built man. Put myself next to him, I would resemble a pebble standing next to Mount Olympus. He is the most energetic and funkiest pastor I’ve ever know. I love his sermons coz I know I would never ever fall asleep. *grins* Anyway, when he asked us to stand up, he sounded pretty fierce. I was thinking ‘Oh oh, what did we do?’ The next sentence which came out of his mouth touched me. He said that he knew about the racial thingies that have been happening against us. He told us that we should go to him if we were to experience anything of that nature. (oh, if u want all the stories, I could tell you…) I had to suppress a giggle at the thought of Pastor Phil trying to get ‘even’ at others (just a thought, it won’t happen tho, don’t worry). I think Pastor Phil would just scare away all his opponents if he were to charge down at them =)
Yep, it’s always the 1 bad apple that seems to spoil the whole bunch. Although there have been an increasing number of racial thingies recently, it’s only a minority of them. I’ve seen so many locals just reaching out to the outsiders here. Pastor Phil seemed so angry and protective over us regarding the incidents. *smiles* It’s really comforting to know that not everyone has negative perceptions about people who originate outside the Western word.

After church, we met up with other friends before heading down to Shanghai Restaurant. It seems as though we dominate that place every Sunday afternoon. Lunch was a little hurried as many of us had to rush of for some sports related plans.

Sports itinerary for the day:
3 to 5pm – Squash
4 to 5pm- Soccer
5 to ??- Tennis

Cas suggested doing girl’s b’ball in future while Florence reminded me of our salsa thingie. (hmm, not so sure if I want to continue salsa now…) Lol, Florence commented that I over pack my schedule… but that’s because I’ve not been doing much revision ever since Sem2 started.

Audrey, Caleb and I played squash. It was Caleb’s 1st time playing and he almost died! *laughs* I nearly killed him twice while Audrey attempted to murder him once. Poor guy, think he should just stick to basket ball. Even before the game was over, Audrey asked if we could play squash again next week. (Hah! Gurl, admit it, You’re addicted!)

Forgot to warm up before playing. According to the Sports science student- Jo, we tend to ache more if we were to exercise in a colder environment compared to a warmer one. Shoots… I’m so going to be immobile tml *yikes!*

[Woah… talking to Patrick on Msn now… he keeps asking me if I’m okay. He gets the impression that something has been troubling me recently. How does he know that? Apparently from the way I’ve been playing the piano. *gasp!* Patrick, you’re good man… didn’t know that your exceptional piano skills could extend towards the emotional boundaries. *touched* Thanks for your concern Pat, it’s really sweet of you. But don’t you worry, I’m alright =) ]

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

myspace