1st Easter Break weekend- Pt 2
Sunday- Mother’s Day (UK)
UK is a little strange. Unlike the other parts of the world, they celebrate Mother’s day in March. During church, Pastor Phil was giving out Thornton’s Chocolate to all the mothers. Then he figured out that he had tons extra and so gave them to the remaining females! =) Mmmm…. Thornton’s, Auds says that you can’t get them in Singapore.
Think Pastor Phil can read minds:) He was giving out the chocolate bars randomly from a bag. He gave me a white choc one and Juvi, a dark choc one. *gasp!* How did he know that Juvi doesn’t eat white choc and that I don’t fancy dark choc? Hmmm….
Lunch after church was MacDonalds. Surprised. Didn’t go to Shanghai this week, lol. Maybe the Shanghai manager was wondering why the usual crowd didn’t turn up at his place today…
After lunch, we went to play squash. It was the 1st time which Auds and I were trying out our new rackets. Bought them from Argos for ₤19.99. The squash group this time was smaller coz most of them were away for Easter. It was just Auds, me, Douglus, Gab & Juvi. Think Auds and I have improved fairly well ever since we started playing 5 weeks ago. Won a game with Audrey:) Was winning a game with Gab when the security came to chase us out. *sigh* Didn’t feel like we’ve played enough…
Dinner was at our place today. Patrick, Vic, and Auds came over. 7 people, 6 dishes. We had 2 types of chicken, Minced beef, Salmon, Eggs, Brocolli with Chinese mushrooms. Desert which was prepared by yours truly, included rice pudding and a fruit platter.
Entertainment for the night was cards. Auds, Pat, Vic & Gab were playing all sorts of poker card games with monopoly money. EK went out after dinner. Juvi was watching them play while I sat at the table and read my new science mag. They were having tons of fun and laughing really loudly. I on the other hand, sat beside them and concentrated on my mag. Juvi said that I was out of place. I was, but hey… was reading an article about the science of egg cooking. At different temperatures, different egg proteins have different structures… to cut the whole article short, it was found that the best temperature to cook your eggs at is at 65 degrees Celsius. That prevents the whites from being rubbery and the yoke from being crumbly. The group managed to tear me away from the mag by offering to play Uno. *smiles* It was fun:)
At the end of it all, Vic, Auds & I were discussing our study plan for Easter. Tho from different schools of engineering, (Vic- Aeronautical, Auds- Materials, Me- Chemical), we agreed that there were tons of revision which we had neglected for the past month during our coursework peak. And hence, my new study group was formed. Heres what my daily Easter plan going to be:
9-11am: Study @ library
11am-2pm: Reserved (slot to be confirmed on Monday)
2-6pm: Study @ library
6pm onwards: Dinner with the Telford gang
After that: Private revision back home
That’s what the 3 of us plan to do. We’re going to mass book the group study-rooms everyday. Hopefully, I’ll have the determination to follow though. I’m glad I’ve got the both of them to revise with. I know Victor is extremely motivated… he would be able to spur me on. Really need to concentrate for this 2 weeks coz for the remaining ½ of my Easter break, I’ll be doing lots of traveling around UK & Europe:) Play hard, work hard!!
UK is a little strange. Unlike the other parts of the world, they celebrate Mother’s day in March. During church, Pastor Phil was giving out Thornton’s Chocolate to all the mothers. Then he figured out that he had tons extra and so gave them to the remaining females! =) Mmmm…. Thornton’s, Auds says that you can’t get them in Singapore.
Think Pastor Phil can read minds:) He was giving out the chocolate bars randomly from a bag. He gave me a white choc one and Juvi, a dark choc one. *gasp!* How did he know that Juvi doesn’t eat white choc and that I don’t fancy dark choc? Hmmm….
Lunch after church was MacDonalds. Surprised. Didn’t go to Shanghai this week, lol. Maybe the Shanghai manager was wondering why the usual crowd didn’t turn up at his place today…
After lunch, we went to play squash. It was the 1st time which Auds and I were trying out our new rackets. Bought them from Argos for ₤19.99. The squash group this time was smaller coz most of them were away for Easter. It was just Auds, me, Douglus, Gab & Juvi. Think Auds and I have improved fairly well ever since we started playing 5 weeks ago. Won a game with Audrey:) Was winning a game with Gab when the security came to chase us out. *sigh* Didn’t feel like we’ve played enough…
Dinner was at our place today. Patrick, Vic, and Auds came over. 7 people, 6 dishes. We had 2 types of chicken, Minced beef, Salmon, Eggs, Brocolli with Chinese mushrooms. Desert which was prepared by yours truly, included rice pudding and a fruit platter.
Entertainment for the night was cards. Auds, Pat, Vic & Gab were playing all sorts of poker card games with monopoly money. EK went out after dinner. Juvi was watching them play while I sat at the table and read my new science mag. They were having tons of fun and laughing really loudly. I on the other hand, sat beside them and concentrated on my mag. Juvi said that I was out of place. I was, but hey… was reading an article about the science of egg cooking. At different temperatures, different egg proteins have different structures… to cut the whole article short, it was found that the best temperature to cook your eggs at is at 65 degrees Celsius. That prevents the whites from being rubbery and the yoke from being crumbly. The group managed to tear me away from the mag by offering to play Uno. *smiles* It was fun:)
At the end of it all, Vic, Auds & I were discussing our study plan for Easter. Tho from different schools of engineering, (Vic- Aeronautical, Auds- Materials, Me- Chemical), we agreed that there were tons of revision which we had neglected for the past month during our coursework peak. And hence, my new study group was formed. Heres what my daily Easter plan going to be:
9-11am: Study @ library
11am-2pm: Reserved (slot to be confirmed on Monday)
2-6pm: Study @ library
6pm onwards: Dinner with the Telford gang
After that: Private revision back home
That’s what the 3 of us plan to do. We’re going to mass book the group study-rooms everyday. Hopefully, I’ll have the determination to follow though. I’m glad I’ve got the both of them to revise with. I know Victor is extremely motivated… he would be able to spur me on. Really need to concentrate for this 2 weeks coz for the remaining ½ of my Easter break, I’ll be doing lots of traveling around UK & Europe:) Play hard, work hard!!
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home