Sunday, April 02, 2006

Squash-ers


It’s been about 2 months since we’ve started squashing. Every Sunday, from 3 to 5pm, you would be able to catch Auds, Doug and I in the EHB squash courts. Usually Caleb & CK would join us as well but Caleb has gone back to Msia while CK is in France for the Easter break. Some others from the LCCF gang would pop down every now and then to play with us. But the 3 of us are the regulars for now.
Think Aud’s and I have improved quite a lot ever since we picked up the game. From total beginners who had to read the rules on the wall, to urm… well, we started playing tactics this week.

Victor joined us this time. Played a few games with him. Argh…! Vic, your balls are all so deceiving. You’re just plain mean. He made me run all over the court. Anyway, he won all the games which he played with everyone today. He’s good.

Tried using a tactic with Auds. It worked for awhile, however during the last few bits, Auds got used to my pattern and anticipated my shots. Okay dear, I have a week from now to come up with a new game plan. (Read Audrey’s blog for more)

I finally got used to playing with my backhand. Its not that strong yet though. However, I think I’ve more or less nailed corner shots. Henry said some weeks back that corner shots were fairly good coz it’s hard to predict where the ball would bounce off. I was reading some of the squash posters on the board and it described how to do a ‘nick’. Apparently, that’s a winning shot coz the opponent would have very very little chance of hitting a nick. But it sounds really difficult to execute one though… wonder if Henry can do one. Will ask him to show me when he comes back from London.

Below are some of the pics which we've taken over the weeks:

Douglus, CK & Henry

Auds & I with our brand new rackets

Advertising for Wilson: Ti Smash Squash Racket- ₤19.99 @ Argos

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

myspace