Reflections- 2nd year in Uni
Going into Loughborough Uni to study chemical Engineering was what both my uncle and dad did too over 20 years ago. Looking back, it does seem a little freaky that most of the significant parts of my dad’s 2nd year in Lboro was replayed during my time as well. Dad had a little trouble in the academic and relationship area. But hey, he did manage to get over it, coz if he hadn’t, I wouldn’t be here in the first place!
In school, I started to have a phobia for exams. For this year, I’ve had 3 total blackouts in all. Many times have I sobbed over the phone back to my parents with regards to my exam performance. There was once when it got so bad, I just couldn’t stop screaming and wailing to them. *laughs* it freaked them out quite a bit. Thank goodness I had friends who were on the same stress level. They just knew how to handle their stress better and I started to learn from them.

Muggers=)
Clockwise from extreme right: Automobile Engineer, Chemical Enginner, Materials Engineer, Sports Science specialist, Aeronautical Engineer.
In another aspect, the thing which I was dreading the most did finally happen to me this academic year. True, others might think that it’s no big deal and that almost everyone has to go through that stage. I know myself, I tend to take whatever stuff I do seriously. I had always predicted that this stage would be the one that would ultimately break me. Hence, I was always petrified of it.
I guess the things which one thinks he can’t accomplish; the more God wants him to do it in order to prove that the person can. In other words, to show that His grace is sufficient, and that his power is made perfect in weakness. Kinda like, you would never learn how to swim until you get thrown into the deep end.
Well there it is, I thought that I would never be able to survive it, but I’m still here! No doubt that it has been difficult, times when I just wished that the hurting would just stop, but so far, I’ve been provided with way outs by Him so that I’m able to stand up under it. Yes, He has been faithful. Barely 1 hr after what had happened, before anyone else other than Juvi knew about it, Vic came up to look for me. In a prayer which touched my heart, he said ‘Although she has lost a loved one, You have provided her with more than before, more people to love her.’ Vic and the rest of the gang were never supposed to know, but somehow they did…
I’m not totally over it yet. There are still some roots which I’ve yet to unearth. However, looking back, I can’t help but feel proud over what I’ve accomplished so far. I can’t deny that at times, I get so sick of this whole situation and wished that it had never ever happened. But then again, how do you learn without falling? Like a wound that slowly heals, it still needs some time. However, during those nights when I’m feeling dejected or asking tons of questions, it’s always this verse that sooths and helps me drift off to sleep.
“For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Jeremiah 29:11
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home