Driving tests
My brother is going to take his driving test in a few hours time. During the course of his driving lessons, he was informed that if he were to fork out RM100 more, he would definitely pass. Despite the rumors that those who are unwilling to give the bribe would fail the first time round, my brother refused to succumb to this corrupt deed.
I’m just going to see if the rumors are indeed true. Well, in the event that my brother does not make it, it could mean that he isn’t good enough, or there was simply a problem with the driving-board-higher-powers-that-be. I’ve seen my brother drive and he is good. I have full confidence that he has the ability to pass tomorrow. We’ve let him park the car so many times and given him so many ‘test drives’ around my grand mum’s huge plot of land in the kampong last week.
If I remember correctly, I was given 2 options of payment when I was in driving school 2 plus years ago- the cheaper one, or the ‘Sure Pass’ one. I took the ‘cleaner’ option.
I failed during the first try. Didn’t really think that my failing was due to me being blacklisted that much. I might have truly been not good enough the first time round. However, I’ve heard so many others who didn’t pay the extra sum, passing only on the 2nd try, do you think that there’s more to it than just coincidence?
Both my cousins passed the first time round. When I was commenting how good at driving they were because of this, my grand mum said that it was because they paid the extra sum. She was surprised that my brother and I didn’t. Apparently, from the way she had said it, it seems that everyone in KL has to pay the extra bit as there wasn’t any other choice.
Some might say that I’m making wild accusations against the driving examination board. But if such ‘Guarantee pass’ payments exist, surely somewhere along the examination authority, people are misusing their powers and engaging in corrupt practices?
I guess that’s one of the few things that contribute towards my disillusion towards this place. *sigh*
I’m just going to see if the rumors are indeed true. Well, in the event that my brother does not make it, it could mean that he isn’t good enough, or there was simply a problem with the driving-board-higher-powers-that-be. I’ve seen my brother drive and he is good. I have full confidence that he has the ability to pass tomorrow. We’ve let him park the car so many times and given him so many ‘test drives’ around my grand mum’s huge plot of land in the kampong last week.
If I remember correctly, I was given 2 options of payment when I was in driving school 2 plus years ago- the cheaper one, or the ‘Sure Pass’ one. I took the ‘cleaner’ option.
I failed during the first try. Didn’t really think that my failing was due to me being blacklisted that much. I might have truly been not good enough the first time round. However, I’ve heard so many others who didn’t pay the extra sum, passing only on the 2nd try, do you think that there’s more to it than just coincidence?
Both my cousins passed the first time round. When I was commenting how good at driving they were because of this, my grand mum said that it was because they paid the extra sum. She was surprised that my brother and I didn’t. Apparently, from the way she had said it, it seems that everyone in KL has to pay the extra bit as there wasn’t any other choice.
Some might say that I’m making wild accusations against the driving examination board. But if such ‘Guarantee pass’ payments exist, surely somewhere along the examination authority, people are misusing their powers and engaging in corrupt practices?
I guess that’s one of the few things that contribute towards my disillusion towards this place. *sigh*
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home