Wednesday, September 27, 2006

Autumn Goodbye

Can someone please put a brake on time?

Counting down the hours till I head back to UK. It’s starting again, that sick, dreading feeling. I wonder why it’s back again though, considering that many circumstances have changed this time round. For the first time, I’m flying to UK on SIA, which means no more long lonely transits in KLIA. Plus, my housemates are flying with me, we’re all taking a cab from Heathrow to Lboro (Imagine the taxi fare!). Yet, for every second that passes by, it seems as though my body is jerking back, resisting time from sweeping me forward.

How fast did 3 months slip away. And now, as I’m stuffing 9 months worth of Magee Mee into my suitcase, I start to wonder whether this summer was a waste. This season’s fruits were much different than last year’s. Its dreading going back to UK to face final year, maybe I shouldn’t have ‘wasted’ my holidays and tried to seek enjoyment to the max instead? (which is really, quite impossible considering the fact that I was forced to work on my dissertation)

There’s this old Britney Spears song that goes,
I never promised you a happy ending,
You never said you wouldn’t make me cry.
But summer love would keep us warm long after,
Our autumn goodbye…

The lyrics wouldn’t apply entirely now, but it has been stuck in my head for the past few days. It’s more of my theme-song-at-the-moment where my nice warm holiday is ending and that it wouldn’t be too long till I’m back in autumn land. Wow, until the next 44 hours have gone, its still summer break. Yet, summer warmth has already left and I’m starting to feel the dreary cold winds of old England again…

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

myspace