Year 3 archive- Pt 2
Titled:The joys of having a car
Entry date: 12th October 2007
No more limiting one’s self to only a few items during grocery trips to Tescos.
Aching arms and blistering fingers were things of the past where one would have to lug 10kg worth of shopping bags in the bitter cold over a distance of 3km. (Home & Tescos)
Unlike the 30min walk back, travel time between Tescos & home has been reduced to 3mins.
The 25min walk to church was so last year (Which means,,, we won’t be late for church anymore!)
The new household (Jo, Gab, Juvi, Auds & I) did our grocery shopping last night. We had 2 personal push carts and a household push cart. Personal PC’s were for non-communal items such as breakfast and lunch items. Items like dish washing liquid, oil and dinner stuff are covered under the weekly ₤10/ person household fund.
3 quarters into our trip, after selecting the largest vegetables and freshest meat, we realized that our household PC had gone missing. *rolls eyes* Went through isle to isle to located the lost cart. Hahaha.
We did our shopping at night (Tescos is 24hrs). We happened to walk past the ‘Reduced To Clear’ shelf at a certain time. Was immediately reminded of those savanna documentaries where all the scavengers pounced onto a corpse in hopes to gain a scrap of meat. Even before the store attendant reached the ‘Reduced To Clear’ shelf, a pack of Chinese students surrounded the cart which she was pushing and in a tangle of arms, grabbed whatever ‘reduced’ items which were in the cart. It felt like a mini version of the Macdonald’s Hello Kitty mania back in SG. Woah… I bet the store attendant was traumatized. *laughs* The first impression I got was “okay-I-earnestly- hope-that-the-locals-here-do-not-associate-this-kind-of-behavior-with-everyone-who-is-racially-chinese-that-would-be-so-embaressing-if that-really-happens-I-might-consider-disowning-my-yellow-skin”. Anyway, it was a horrifying yet amusing scene.
Entry date: 12th October 2007
No more limiting one’s self to only a few items during grocery trips to Tescos.
Aching arms and blistering fingers were things of the past where one would have to lug 10kg worth of shopping bags in the bitter cold over a distance of 3km. (Home & Tescos)
Unlike the 30min walk back, travel time between Tescos & home has been reduced to 3mins.
The 25min walk to church was so last year (Which means,,, we won’t be late for church anymore!)
The new household (Jo, Gab, Juvi, Auds & I) did our grocery shopping last night. We had 2 personal push carts and a household push cart. Personal PC’s were for non-communal items such as breakfast and lunch items. Items like dish washing liquid, oil and dinner stuff are covered under the weekly ₤10/ person household fund.
3 quarters into our trip, after selecting the largest vegetables and freshest meat, we realized that our household PC had gone missing. *rolls eyes* Went through isle to isle to located the lost cart. Hahaha.
We did our shopping at night (Tescos is 24hrs). We happened to walk past the ‘Reduced To Clear’ shelf at a certain time. Was immediately reminded of those savanna documentaries where all the scavengers pounced onto a corpse in hopes to gain a scrap of meat. Even before the store attendant reached the ‘Reduced To Clear’ shelf, a pack of Chinese students surrounded the cart which she was pushing and in a tangle of arms, grabbed whatever ‘reduced’ items which were in the cart. It felt like a mini version of the Macdonald’s Hello Kitty mania back in SG. Woah… I bet the store attendant was traumatized. *laughs* The first impression I got was “okay-I-earnestly- hope-that-the-locals-here-do-not-associate-this-kind-of-behavior-with-everyone-who-is-racially-chinese-that-would-be-so-embaressing-if that-really-happens-I-might-consider-disowning-my-yellow-skin”. Anyway, it was a horrifying yet amusing scene.
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home